Thursday, December 17, 2009

All Life Is Being Lived.

"You live in a world of theophanies*. "

'How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting it is to praise him!'

"Holiness comes wrapped in the ordinary"

'He determines the number of the stars, and calls them each by name.'

(He calls us by name too.)

"There are burning bushes all around you. Every tree is full of angels. Hidden beauty is waiting in every crumb. "

'He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills.'

(He covers us with his grace. He cleanses us with his salvation. He heals. He gives. He loves. We grow in him.)

"Life wants to lead you from crumbs to angels, but this can happen only if you are willing to unwrap the ordinary by staying with it long enough to harvest its treasure."

'His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse, nor his delight in the legs of man; the Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.'

(How can I doubt anything when his love is so great? How do I miss his love letters to me through out my daily life? His love is present in mending friendships with people you've known since preschool. His love is present in a church bus full of screaming Hispanic children. His love warms people who live in trailer parks without heat and health. His love is present in laughter shared among high school girls. His love is present in uncomfortable silences and learning. His love is present in freedom from school and stress and worries. His love is even present in a cup of coffee and a snuggie. His love is a present. It's the greatest gift we as a broken humanity could ever hope for.)

'Great is our Lord and mighty in power. Extol the Lord. Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving.'



Hearts bend
cause they can't break
when they can't take
all that is given to them.


(He gives us so, so much. I know it. I think it. I see it. I need to live it. Everyday. My heart is bending and exploding with his love. It is a literal, physical feeling. I can't wrap my head around it sometimes.)





---
*Theophany definition. (click)
*Regular font taken from A Tree Full of Angels by Macrina Wiederkehr.

*Italicized font taken from Psalm 147.
*Bolded font taken from my own brain.
*Bolded and italicized text taken from "shovel" written by Katie Herzig.

No comments: