Sunday, March 29, 2009

Four Winds.

Charlie fell on Friday night. Saturday morning he had a huge bandage on his head and proceeded to tell me of the previous night's events. "I just tripped over my own feet," he said, "I don't know how it happened." I politely smiled and answered, "It's okay, I'm clumsy too." He then went on to say that he was sure his fall knocked him out. He was all alone. He next thing he knew, he woke up in his bed, with no recollection of how he ended up there. I asked him if he went to the hospital and he said no. He told me he was hard headed and he'd fall a few times before, without even a scar. He took off his hat and showed me his head. I noticed a couple of scars on his barren forehead. Luckily he was riding that morning and not driving. When he left I said, "Take care of yourself, Charlie. Be careful." He smiled and replied, "I can't believe you remembered my name."

No comments: