Tuesday, March 30, 2010

no other fount i know.

Resurrection is my favorite word.

I have to refrain from writing it all over my body during class.
It's written in all my notebooks over and over and over and over again.
This concept of resurrection will not leave my mind. I think about it all the time.

Why? It boggles my mind. How could one person die for billions upon billions of people. How could someone Love so much to diminish himself into a human form? From living life on high to walking the lowly earth - a tomb. How could someone die to save a people who completely don't even deserve it in the slightest?

It is the greatest thing anyone has ever done for me.

Someone perfect. Someone who didn't deserve to die. Standing in my place.

Death is defeated. It has no victory. I am alive. I am alive because of God sending Christ to earth - a tomb. I am alive because Christ overcame the grave and brought life to me.

Resurrection.
Resurrected.
Resurrect.

Dictionary.com defines it as "the act of rising from the dead" and "a rising again, as from decay, disuse; revival" and "a rising above mortality through the understanding of spiritual life as demonstrated by Jesus Christ."

I define it as Perfect, Unfailing Love overcoming the grave to save me from myself.



I love Easter. Not only because of the extra days off, but because of Resurrection.



"o, precious is the flow,
that makes me white as snow.
no other fount i know,
nothing but the blood of Jesus."

No comments: