Monday, May 31, 2010

as of late.

recently i've been having dreams about school and people at school in situations at school. i don't consider my dreams prophetic in any sense of the word but i mean: i'll take wishful dreaming over wishful thinking any day.

i'm glad that the passport countdown is finally on the downward slope. four days from the time i am typing this blog. it's great that it is finally here, but still so nerve-wracking and overwhelming. i was out doing something the other day and i realized that it is what i am supposed to be doing. i am supposed to be going back to some of the basics of my faith. i need to be reminded to have a child-like faith again. don't get me wrong, i love discussing all the intellectual and complexities of God, but that's really all i have been doing lately. i haven't been reminding myself of his goodness. i am just excited about what this entire experience is going to be. excited and nervous as poo. i've yet to begin the packing process, but that will come soon enough. i was able to find some cool overalls from goodwill and a killer, vintage 60s dress from ragtime downtown. score on being the hippest kid at camp.

i don't know really know what God is preparing me for, but i can't deny the things he is teaching me. my brain is being stretched and expanded more and more every day as i read, think, learn, and hear about things going on in the local church and the Church. it's making me appreciate the fellowships i have been apart of. and making me realize what kind of fellowship i want to be apart of in the future. hm.

i'm going to be barefoot all summer. this is a good thing. i mean literally. i'm going to be stripping myself down to the basics. no shoes. just faith. faith that i won't step on anything too sharp or painful.

1 comment:

JORDAN said...

Totally feel you on the whole discussion thing - I feel like I have been talking so much about my faith that I forget to actually have it. I love you. I hope you have a great summer - you are going to be the coolest passport counselor ever.