Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Most of the music in my itunes is alternative.

I'm finding that I do enjoy being alone.

At Wingate it's hard to find time to just sit and be me. To listen to my music, think my own thoughts, and not have to talk. Sometimes at the beginning of each day I would pray for time to be alone. Even just for ten minutes. I was so busy from 8am-10 and 11pm some nights as soon as I got in I would want to be locked up in my room cut off my from any and everyone. Or most any and everyone, at least.


I'm treasuring this time because I know that in a few short weeks, my mornings/noons/afternoons/twilights/evenings/nights will be filled with preteens and teens. I'm going to love it, but I pray that for my own sanity's sake, God will provide a few minutes for me to recharge and listen to some alternative music.

Art is good to make when you are alone.
You can listen to whatever music you prefer, old and new.
You can use lamps and windows instead of overhead lighting.
You can write what you want to write.
I can drink coffee at four thirty in the afternoon.
God can speak to you, you can speak to God without interference.


I like this.

1 comment:

Kyle Smith said...

Agreed.
I liked your words.