Saturday, September 26, 2009

"This Is The Day" - A Poem.

This is the day that the Lord has made.
But, alas, still two weeks til I get paid.
I stayed up really late last night,
and danced a lot - it was a sight.
I slept really quite well,
and had a friend over, it was swell.
It's kind of misty out,
and sort of chilly, but do not pout.
Because days like this I can wear boots,
later I might eat beans that cause the toots.
And I need to run errands still,
to Blockbuster, to Target, and to Goodwill.
Later I must read some books,
so in class I do not get frazzled looks.
Tomorrow will consist of church,
and climbing trees made of birch*.
This is the weekend that the Lord has given,
let us rejoice that we are livin'.



-----
*this is the only word I could think of that rhymed with "church".

No comments: