Saturday, February 20, 2010

Shutter Island.

I've already declared I'm not a poet, and now I'll state that I am no film critic at all. But this one was too good not to blog about it.


So last night three friends and I ventured out to the local cinema to partake in the viewing of Martin Scorsese's latest film, Shutter Island. Upon seeing the trailer several times, I had really wanted to see it, but I think it is being marketed as being more of a 'scary' movie rather than a psychological mind/stomach roller coaster, which it totally was.

The film started out with Leonardo DiCaprio on a boat.

(We all know where this is heading. It's too easy to make Titanic jabs at him.)

From the moment Leo and Mark Ruffalo step off the ferry boat onto Shutter Island, this film does not stop once in taking you on a ride. There are so many twists and turns that its almost too much for your mind to take.

About an hour into the film, and I am being a bit prideful here, I figured out on of the major twists learned about at the end of the movie. But other than that one hitch figured up, the rest of the film was up in the air. Still, after meditating and discussing it with my friends afterwards, we're still not sure which scenes of the film were reality and which were delusion.

The action and drama in the film were very well done. Also the special effects were epic as well. This film was really good at going back and forth between the past and present; reality and delusion, and the help of special effects made that flow so graceful and eventful. Nice. Nice. Nice.

Okay, and as for the ending. What the heck. It came out of no where. I sat there for the last five minutes of the film with my mouth gaping wide and without blinking my eyes. It totally did not go the way you think it's going to. Just mind blowing. I want to see it again. I think it's a new favorite. Yes. Go see it, unresponsive readers of my blog. Now.

--

Anyway.
Tomorrow I turn 21.
Black Eyed Peas tonight.
Going to pick out a cool outfit.
Then get schwasted.
Then get up and go to church.
Then eat lunch with my family.
Then get schwasted again.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I almost read this but I was afraid there would be a spoiler. IS THERE A SPOILER IN THIS POST SARAH?! I want to see that movie like woah.

Jessica said...

I read this after your spoiler reassurance. And now I'm really bummed that I have to wait until Sunday to see it. arrrrgh.